Myrcene stands out as a fascinating terpene with diverse potential benefits. From its potential anti-inflammatory and analgesic effects to muscle relaxation and sleep support, this terpene has a lot to offer. Let’s explore some of its benefits and how adding myrcene-rich foods, essential oils, and herbal infusions into your routine can help you embrace a healthier lifestyle.
What are the health benefits of myrcene?
Myrcene may offer a variety of health benefits including:
- Anti-inflammatory: Myrcene may have anti-inflammatory properties that reduces inflammation in the body. This could be because myrcene may modulate inflammatory pathways, potentially alleviating symptoms of arthritis and chronic inflammation.
- Pain relief: Myrcene may have analgesic properties, making it a potential natural pain-reliever. It may help alleviate discomfort and reduce pain sensitivity by interacting with receptors in the central nervous system.
- Muscle relaxant: Due to its muscle relaxant effects, myrcene may aid in relieving muscle tension and spasms. Adding myrcene-rich foods or supplements into your routine may help promote relaxation and ease muscle soreness.
- Sleep aid: Myrcene’s relaxing effects may contribute to a calmer mind and body and promote a deeper and more rejuvenating sleep.
How can I include more myrcene in my diet?
You’ll find myrcene in some fruits, herbs, essential oils, herbal teas and even beer.
- Mangoes: These tropical fruits are a fantastic source of myrcene. Enjoy them fresh, in smoothies or as part of a fruit salad.
- Hops: If you’re a beer enthusiast, you’re in luck. Hops, used in beer brewing, have notable amounts of myrcene.
- Lemongrass: Widely used in Asian cuisines, lemongrass is a great addition to curries, soups, and stir-fries.
- Thyme: Enhance your dishes with the aromatic herb thyme.
- Chamomile: Known for its soothing properties, chamomile tea can promote relaxation.
- Bay leaves: Infuse your dishes or prepare a herbal tea using dried bay leaves to enjoy the aromatic qualities.
From our garden to your doorstep, myeden is taking an alternative approach to healthcare. Connect with a prescribing doctor now.