Humulene is an organic compound found abundantly in hops that give beer its earthy, woody aroma and distinctive flavour. But it’s not just limited to brewing, you’ll also find humulene in basil, ginseng and cloves and it may offer promising health benefits.
What are the health benefits of humulene?
Humulene’s potential health benefits include:
- Anti-inflammatory properties: Humulene may help alleviate symptoms of inflammation-related conditions, such as arthritis, allergies, and even inflammatory bowel disease, by inhibiting specific enzymes and pathways involved in the inflammatory response.
- Pain relief: Humulene may also offer pain relief by interacting with specific receptors in the body, modulating pain signals and reducing pain perception.
- Appetite suppressant: Humulene may help regulate our appetites by sending signals to the satiety centre in the brain, potentially reducing cravings and promoting feelings of fullness.
How can I include more humulene in my diet?
Now that you’re aware of the potential health benefits of humulene, you may be wondering how to get more of this goodness into your diet. Here are a few simple ways:
- Enjoy hoppy beverages: Beers that contain hops, such as IPAs, are a great way to naturally consume humulene. Remember to drink in moderation as excessive alcohol consumption can have negative health effects.
- Spice up your meals: Add herbs and spices that contain humulene, like basil and cloves, to your cooking. They can enhance the flavour of your dishes while providing a natural dose of this beneficial terpene.
- Explore essential oils: Humulene can also be found in essential oils extracted from hops and other plants. You can use these oils in aromatherapy or dilute them for topical use.
Remember, natural compounds like humulene can be a valuable addition to a healthy lifestyle, but they are not a substitute for medical treatment. Discuss with your doctor before making any significant changes to your diet or health regimen.
Whether you’re savouring a hoppy brew, adding a pinch of basil to your favourite dish, or exploring the benefits of essential oils, humulene may be the natural boost your body needs to enhance your well-being. Cheers to the remarkable potential of this terpene and the wonders it can bring to your health!
From our garden to your doorstep, myeden is taking an alternative approach to healthcare. Connect with a doctor to explore plant-based alternatives.