Welcome to the world of telehealth! If you’re new to this convenient approach, it’s essential to protect your personal information and confidentiality while accessing plant-based health online.
First, let’s look at what we’re doing to make sure every virtual interaction is secure. myeden’s network of doctor networks use Halaxy software to conduct consultations. Halaxy is a healthcare industry leader in data and privacy protection and transparency, and is protected by bank-grade security and encryption here in Australia. You can find out all about how Halaxy handles data, security and privacy so you have the peace of mind to focus on what matters: your health.
Here are some simple steps you can take to make sure your consultation is kept private and secure on your end, wherever you are.
- Secure internet connection: Use a secure and private internet connection for your telehealth sessions with a strong Wi-Fi password. Avoid public Wi-Fi networks. Since anyone can join a public Wi-Fi network, you have no idea who could be intercepting your online data.
- Use strong passwords: Create strong and unique passwords for your telehealth accounts – don’t use easily guessable information like birthdays or common words.
- Verify the identity of the healthcare provider: Make sure you are using the correct contact information and website to avoid phishing scams.
- Keep personal devices secure: Update security software on your computer, smartphone or tablet to protect against malware and viruses.
- Close unnecessary apps and programs: Close any unnecessary apps or programs running in the background during the telehealth session to reduce the risk of accidental sharing of personal information.
- Find a private location: Choose a quiet and private location for your telehealth consultation to prevent others from overhearing sensitive conversations.
- Log out after the session: Log out of the telehealth platform and close the browser or app after the consultation.
Book an online consult to discuss plant-based options.